By K. Teik,V. Hadiz,Y. Nakanishi
Read Online or Download Between Dissent and Power: The Transformation of Islamic Politics in the Middle East and Asia (IDE-JETRO Series) PDF
Best practical politics books
Opposing Suharto offers an account of democratization within the world's fourth so much populous nation, Indonesia. It describes how competition teams challenged the long-time ruler, President Suharto, and his military-based regime, forcing him to surrender in 1998. The book's major objective is to give an explanation for how usual humans can lead to political switch in a repressive authoritarian regime.
Politics of worry, Practices of desire is set the connection among highly influential principles in political lifestyles: worry and wish. How are cultures of resistance nurtured inside of an atmosphere of paranoia and social paralysis? Stefan Skrimshire argues that grass-roots responses to a politics of worry coincide with an explosion of curiosity within the quasi-religious topics of apocalypse, eschatology and utopia in cultural existence.
The Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg are famous instances of consensus politics. Decision-making within the Low international locations has been characterised by way of huge involvement, energy sharing and making compromises. those international locations have been additionally founding member states of the ecu Union (EU) and its predecessors.
This e-book emerged from a longer seminar sequence held in Edinburgh legislations institution which sought to discover the advanced constitutional preparations of the ecu felony house as an inter-connected mosaic. there was a lot contemporary debate about the constitutional way forward for Europe, focusing nearly solely upon the european within the context of the (failed) Constitutional Treaty of 2003-5 and the following Treatyof Lisbon.
- Candidate Strategies and Electoral Competition in the Russian Federation: Democracy without Foundation (Cambridge Studies in Comparative Politics)
- South Asia Regional Dynamics and Strategic Concerns: A Framework for U.S. Policy and Strategy in South Asia, 2014-2026 (CSIS Reports)
- Governance in the Middle East and North Africa: A Handbook (Routledge International Handbooks)
- Neoconservative Politics and the Supreme Court: Law, Power, and Democracy
- Elections in Pennsylvania: A Century of Partisan Conflict in the Keystone State
Additional resources for Between Dissent and Power: The Transformation of Islamic Politics in the Middle East and Asia (IDE-JETRO Series)